Conversation with Brian Ahearn, personally trained by Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D., and one of only a dozen Cialdini trainers in the world.
The principles discussed in this conversation are used by every despot, con man, cult leader as well as every unscrupulous marketer and salesperson. Gasp!
If the above is true, why study these principles at all?
The reason understanding these principles is vital to your leadership is because they are culled by social science from the study of human behavior. In other words, wherever humans gather, these principles are continuously in operation, whether you are aware of them or not. Your success in life depends on your ability to gain the cooperation of others. That’s why Brian can boldly and accurately proclaim the subtitle – Secrets to Success and Happiness.
The fact that these principles are in operation gives us a real choice:
- We can ignore them
- We can exploit them through manipulation or deception
- Or we can leverage them ethically for better relationships and greater results
The author and A Leadership Beyond concur: Ethical is not negotiable!
Among the valuable gems in this stimulating conversation with Brian:
- 3 things that differentiate ethical influence from manipulation
- A concise summary of the 7 principles of persuasion
- An acronym to help us D.E.A.L. with differing styles
- Concrete examples to help us learn the practical application of this wisdom
We highly recommend Brain’s most recent book, The Influencer – Secrets to Success and Happiness
To connect with Brian, visit his website https://www.influencepeople.biz/ or connect with him on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/brianfahearn/.
Adrienne and Tom are confident you’ll enjoy and benefit from this conversation.
As always, we invite you to lend your voice to this community of conversation.
Tom & Adrienne